Rain, Rain, Go Away!...

IMG_4406

I figure this picture of beautiful/creative/artistic umbrellas in Montreal would be appropriate since it has been raining like crazy here in Massachusetts!
Ever since visiting Montreal for the first time I have looked at umbrellas in a different light than before. I used to think umbrellas were annoying and not necessary. I also used to think that umbrellas were boring due to the plain colors/patterns that I was accustomed to seeing. All of those opinions instantly left me as soon as I went to Montreal and started noticing everyone's umbrellas.

I learned that an umbrella shouldn't just be something used to block the rain...it should be an extension of who you are as a person. It should reflect your style and personality. If you happen to be a bland/boring person then by all means carry around an umbrella that reflects that, BUT if you have an eclectic/joyous personality you should opt for something equally as vibrant.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't just look at an umbrella as only a tool, look at it as an artistic expression. The umbrella should carry equal importance as to what you wear.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...