Street Style: Anything For The Camera...

 photo IMG_1506_zps969b2286.jpg

While many people still think that fashion week street style is very authentic and spontaneous...I would like to ruin that idea by saying it's not. Less than half of the street style pictures you see are spontaneous and "in the moment." Most pictures are posed...even if the subject doesn't seem that way. HOWEVER...with all of that said...I don't want to fully say it's all the photographers doing. Most of the people at fashion week are willing to do almost anything to get their picture taken. "Oh, you want me to do a backflip without having experience doing so and possibly break my neck for a chance at landing on Tommy Ton's Style.com street style picture compilation? OF COURSE!" That's pretty much how it is every day outside the shows. The photographers own the show goers...the show goers are like the photographers puppets willing to be manipulated to doing anything for some internet fame. I guess in the end the subject photographed wins because with internet fame comes front row seats at a Givenchy show.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not criticizing the industry (ok, maybe I am a little bit), I am simply commenting on how things work. The truth of what happens at fashion week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...