For those of you who don't follow me on Instagram (FOLLOW ME @thetrendydwarf)...this is what I've been up to lately. I figure it should be a least a tiny bit important to keep you all updated on what I'm doing when I'm not studying for school or at work or failing at constantly updating this blog.
From left to right from the top:
1) My version of a selfie...except Maison Martin Margiela style (hopefully you get the reference).
2) I was recently on the hunt for some quality leathers and fabrics for some personal projects that you WILL hear about in the future.
3) I don't walk pointlessly around NYC often as often as I would like or used to when I first moved here a year ago...however when I do walk around pointlessly I tend to take pictures of nice things such as a Vespa outside a townhouse on the Lower West Side.
4) If you're going to take a selfie at least do it right. "Could you take a picture of me....and....like not include my face in it?" is how I went about awkwardly asking my cousin to take a picture of what I was wearing for Mothers Day.
5) Lately I've gotten back into skating. I don't know why so don't ask me. NYC is just a nice place to skate and has a few good skate parks so I figure why not. It can't hurt me. Actually...it can...because it already did.
6) Saturday's Surf is such a chill place to be. It's literally my second place to chill at in NYC apart from The Highline. I get a cup of coffee and hang out with friends. The vibes there are good and always super mellow. Always a great place to get away from the fast paced streets of NYC.
We all talk about sporting an ensemble that will turn heads. However, we never talk about how many times we want those heads to turn. Have you ever been people watching and all of a sudden you quickly glance at someone and then you find yourself turning your head back towards their direction to look at them again? Could you imagine turning your head maybe three or four times for the same person instead of once or twice? Natasha Goldenberg in the picture above has executed a look that had my head turning so many times it hurt my neck after some time. Not only was my neck hurting, but my brain was hurting too after trying to figure out what that fur thing on her back was. Certainly a great ensemble on her part AND if she was was looking to turn heads that day...she accomplished what she was looking for.
It's crazy how somethings happen. During this past fashion week season there was one day where I had to work all day and couldn't spend it shooting outside the shows. At some point during that day I see this woman walk into the store I work at and she was dressed TOO fashionable...unbelievably fashionable. Seeing someone dressed up to fashion's current trends like her where I work is rare. I instantly assume she has to be some sort of editor/stylist attending the shows and simply passing by the store to pick up a couple pieces. She DID pick up a couple things...one f them being the clutch that she's carrying in this picture. The day after I was at Lincoln Center and guess who I spot? The same woman I had helped/rung up the day before! I shot her and we quickly talked and then we parted ways.
Yesterday I met up with my cousin (left) and his friend (right). We decided to skate at both the Chelsea and Tribeca skate parks. However, before skating I HAD to shoot my cousin and his friend because they represent the street wear movement at this current time.
Previous to my evening spent with my cousin and friend, I met up with an old friend from Boston whom I hadn't seen for a very long time. We sat and talked over some coffee at Saturday's Surf on Crosby Street. It was really great reconnecting with her. When the day was over, I realized I hadn't experienced so much fun in one day like I did yesterday for the LONGEST time! A day like yesterday was long overdue.